All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Security Suite v2 Summary Page not showing firewall messages

SOcchiogrosso
Explorer

Just updated to the newest version of the Cisco Security Suite, I have the IPS and Firewall Add-Ons configured. However on the main page, shows me a map (using google maps which is working properly and below those is a bar graph for Cisco Security Events, however the only Cisco Security Events showing are "Cisco_ips" and "Cisco_syslog_types"m yet if I manually go to searches, and search for "eventtype=*" I see "cisco_firewall", so the events are there, they are just not showing up on the "Splunk for Cisco Security" summary page.

Any thoughts?

0 Karma
1 Solution

SOcchiogrosso
Explorer

Yep this fixed it:

Just set the sourcetype to cisco_asa under the UDP port listening for Syslog messages and that just might have done it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SOcchiogrosso
Explorer

Yep this fixed it:

Just set the sourcetype to cisco_asa under the UDP port listening for Syslog messages and that just might have done it.

0 Karma

dbylertbg
Path Finder

Also, see here for more info: for some reason they changed the default transforms.conf file in 2.0 so it's not properly source typing any more:

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/74070/splunk_ciscofirewalls-cisco-security-suite-to-20-not-set...

Be sure to follow the directions given -- do not edit the default/transforms.conf -- instead, add your own transforms.conf in local and add the corrected stanza.

0 Karma

SOcchiogrosso
Explorer

Yep this fixed it.

0 Karma

SOcchiogrosso
Explorer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...