All Apps and Add-ons

Can Splunk all-in-one be installed on oracle linux?

bbiswabhusan
Explorer

Hello experts,

I have a requirement to deploy splunk all-in-one with a license of 30gb/day. The available OS is Oracle Linux 8.x and Oracle Linux 9.x with kernel version: 5.15.0-6.80.3.1.el8uek.x86_64. Does splunk enterprise support the the it. Need your inputs and any please suggest if it has any issues.

Thanks

Biswa

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK. There are two separate things here.

One is "will/should splunk run on my system" - and that you can check on https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Installation/SystemRequirements

As you can see Linux with kernel 5.4 and higher is supported for running Splunk Enterprise.

Another question is about the installation method. As far as I remember, Oracle Linux is just a "repackage" of the RHEL so RPM packages for RH _should_ install without any big issues (and that's the approach I'd recommend - if there's a package for your OS, don't go for the manual installation).

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bbiswabhusan,

as you can read at the download page (https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise.html), Splunk Enterprise version 9.0.x is compatible with 3.x+, 4.x+, or 5.4.x kernel Linux distributions.

I didn't find any issues, but to be more sure, search (using e.g. Google) in Community eventual issues.

For my knowledge, there are many Splunk installations on Oracle Linux.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...