All Apps and Add-ons

Automatic backfill with custom add-on?

jasmartin
Explorer

Hi all, I am attempting to create an add-on with the Add-On Builder that queries a REST API for stats and saves them to a metrics index. A requirement is that it needs to be smart during outages & recovery. I thought I could just add checkpointing to the add-on. As a test, I stopped Splunk for a few minutes, then started it up and got this:

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.51.16 AM.png

The spike is where Splunk was restarted. What appears to be happening is that the checkpoint is starting where it left off but just doing 1 query from where it left off to the current time and returning the sum. What I want it to do is basically a backfill - start at the saved checkpoint & run the REST query every 30 seconds and save those values.

Is that possible to do in the Add-On builder or does that require additional coding?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...