All Apps and Add-ons

Are you allowed to use one OinkCode for Two splunk instances?

nspanioli
Engager

This is a basic question:

Are you allowed to use one OinkCode for two different splunk instances?

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not a lawyer and I'm giving free advice on the internet, so keep that in mind. Also, it is exceedingly difficult to find specifics about this.

If you are using a paid account, ask your rep, whoever you purchased the first one from, whoever you got the code from or the EULA* you agreed to at download/retrieval of the OinkCode. They or it should have a better idea about the answer. I did find a hint that if you had multiple sensors you could ask for multiple codes, which implies you shouldn't/can't use one code for multiple devices.

If you are using the free one try reading the EULA*. If it's free, why not sign up for a second one? <-- again, the EULA will tell you if this is acceptable.

*I'm not saying that to be mean or anything 😞 - the EULA will tell you this answer and is the set of rules in effect for whatever it is you are doing. It might take a little looking, but the answer should be there.

One last note: Cisco isn't known for being a kind and gentle overlord. If I had to make a guess, just from knowing that I'd say you need to buy or register each separately.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...