All Apps and Add-ons

App made on the Splunk Add On Builder not logging

jfgomez0912
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I have a trouble with an app that we made in the Splunk Add On Builder, the app no longer loggs since we update to Splunk 8. This app contains a custom alert action that logs some information messages to the internal by using helper.log_info function in python.

Do you have any idea about this issue? Where is located the AOB's helper library? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

vikramyadav
Contributor

Hi @jfgomez0912 

Is your Add-on have the latest python3 code? did you update your Add-on too?
If not then I recommend you to update your add-on, Probably you need to just update some library.

--------------------------------------------------------

If this helps your like will be appreciated😊

0 Karma

jfgomez0912
Explorer

Thanks @vikramyadav for your response, but yes, the add-on use the latest python3 code and the add-on is updated too.

Also, I tried to create a new add-on and the logging doesn't work for alert actions add-ons, but the logging for data input add-ons worked... so I don't know if the problem is related to some python libraries that splunk have.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...