All Apps and Add-ons

App for Stream 6.0.1:Unable to initialize modular input "streamfwd" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_stream": Introspecting scheme=streamfwd: script running failed

googleman2014

Dear All:
I run splunk app 6.0.1 for stream in splunk-6.1.3-220630.i386.rpm,i meet this error:Unable to initialize modular input "streamfwd" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_stream": Introspecting scheme=streamfwd: script running failed (killed by signal 8: Floating point exception).

This is my linux version:
Linux version 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 (bhcompile@decompose.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.0.0 20050525 (Red Hat 4.0.0-9)) #1 Thu Jun 2 22:55:56 EDT 2005

0 Karma

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Fedora Core 4 is not supported. Please see Stream's list of supported operating systems:

Linux

• Linux kernel version 2.6.x or later (32- and 64-bit).
  • RHEL or CentOS 5 and 6; Ubuntu 10, 11, and 12; Debian 5 and 6

Mac OSX

• Mac OSX version 10.8 or later.

mdickey_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's very likely that newer versions of CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu and Debian should all work fine with App for Stream. The current list includes platforms that we have tested it on. We recognize that it is dated, and plan to add newer versions to our test matrix soon.

0 Karma

googleman2014

Very clearly and usefully

0 Karma

mathiask
Communicator

Splunk and Splunk Stream are working properly (as far as I can see) on Ubuntu 14.04

Do you plan to update the officially supported Versions?
These are rather dated supported versions Ubuntu only 12.04 is still supported for another 1.5y, official support for Debian 6 also ended recently

0 Karma

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should submit a support ticket for this. We need more details than can probably be sorted out on answers.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...