All Apps and Add-ons

App-BUilder "Config not found" error?

jameswatts
Explorer

Hi all,

Has anyone bumped into this error found in splunkd.log when using the Addon builder app? My test TA validates fine, but is never run thereafter.

Full event is:
ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-test/bin/test.py" GlobalConfigError: Config Not Found for Input, input_type=test, input_name=test, config_type=account, config_name=test

0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Seems like globalConfig.json file is missing in your app. Please check the path: $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/{APP_NAME}/appserver/static/js/build/globalConfig.json

Maybe you can rebuild it and try again.

0 Karma

Marius732
Engager

Hi @chli_splunk 

i have the same problem, in my case the file didn't exists.

I've build my App with the Add-On Builder. Should the file be created automatically when an app is created by the add-on builder? I can't make any sense of the documentation

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

@Marius732  I also have same problem, please let me know how you have resolved it.

0 Karma

Marius732
Engager

@shugup2923 I have not created the config file, my app fulfills its purpose even without the configuration file. The app will not be published, so I no longer go through the validation process

0 Karma

shugup2923
Path Finder

@Marius732  I have no issue with validation, I packaged it and when trying to deploy this add-on  on my prod environment I am getting this error - 

splunktaucclib.global_config.configuration.GlobalConfigError: Config Not Found for Input, input_type=devices, input_name=abc_prod, config_type=account, config_name=abc_prod
0 Karma

Marius732
Engager

Hi @shugup2923 maybe you have under the add-on setup parameters -> preconfigured parameter the check with global account settings in it can that be?

0 Karma

jameswatts
Explorer

No, it's there.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9807 May 8 13:15 1.1.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2035035 May 8 13:15 common.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12023 May 8 13:15 configuration_page.js
-rw------- 1 root root 18203 May 8 13:15 globalConfig.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14685 May 8 13:15 inputs_page.js

I got around this by using the text and password inputs from Add-on builder rather than the global.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...