All Apps and Add-ons

Addon Builder Configuration Pages Don't Work on a Search Head Cluster

cameronjust
Path Finder

Hi All,

I've been using the Addon Builder to create some modular inputs and associated AddOn configuration pages including account names. I've also shoehorned in some custom search commands which use the automatically generated configuration settings from the Web GUI.

One thing I noticed was when you deploy the app to a search head cluster Addon Configuration changes do not migrate across the cluster.

I thought it used REST endpoints to make these changes so they should replicate across the cluster?

Might be worth putting something in the documentation so users are aware that the apps Addonbuilder makes will not be fully functional in a search head cluster environment.

The only solution we've found is to manually log into each Search Head in the cluster and make the changes on each one individually.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

luizlimapg
Observer

Hello @cameronjust ,

You can use a setting in the server.conf called conf_replication_include to force the replication of the file containing the accounts.

luizlimapg_0-1715365396810.png

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.1/Admin/Serverconf

After creating an account, the account_file is created in the local folder of your app.

Example:
[shclustering]
conf_replication_include.<app_account_file_without_extension> = true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...