All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on for JIRA: How to add multiple fields to initial JQL_Query?

mrfredman
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm attempting to use a standard JQL_Query to filter my JIRA issues down by project and summary before performing any sort of action on them in Splunk, but Splunk only seems to recognize the initial field I enter.

For example, in the following query I get results filtered by Summary but not Project:
|jirarest jqlsearch Summary~"Exercise" AND Project=Support

Do I have the syntax wrong? How can I properly constrain my search from within Splunk?

1 Solution

Flynt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Great question! The issue is how you are querying. To the JIRA command

Is interpreted as Summary~"Exercise" being the totality of arguments passed. In order for the query to work, I would suggest using single quotes for criteria within double quotes for the whole argument. Something like this.

|jirarest jqlsearch "Summary~'Exercise' AND Project='Support' "

View solution in original post

Flynt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Great question! The issue is how you are querying. To the JIRA command

Is interpreted as Summary~"Exercise" being the totality of arguments passed. In order for the query to work, I would suggest using single quotes for criteria within double quotes for the whole argument. Something like this.

|jirarest jqlsearch "Summary~'Exercise' AND Project='Support' "

mrfredman
Path Finder

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...