Alerting

send email function does not seem to be working after upgrading to version 8.1.2

nls7010
Path Finder

We recently upgraded to version 8.1.2 Splunk and now our email alerts don't appear to be working.  I had this issue in version 6.6.3, but had not seen it since then (we did upgrade to 7.2.6 before moving to 8.1.2--did not see the issue then either).  I have looked at older logs that said to remove a few lines in the sendemail.py file and I found similar lines in the new sendemail and marked them out with a # sign, but it did not fix the issue.  We are delaying our upgrade of the Production system until we solve this email issue.  Any ass

Labels (1)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi. Have you tried searching your _internal logs? What error is in the python log?

I did a search like

index=_internal host=myhead*  sourcetype=splunk_python

When I do the search I got something like

2021-04-30 23:07:02,181 +0000 INFO      sendemail:156 - Sending email. subject="My Alert", results_link="https://myhost.mydomain.com:8000/app/search/@go?sid=scheduler_YWRtaW5fc3BsdW5r__search__RMD54eadd0aa6872f5e8_at_1619824020_41", recipients="['me@mydoamin.com']", server="mymailserver.mydomain:25"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...