Alerting
Highlighted

Why am I getting error "'savedsearch': Argument "auto_summarize" is not supported by this handler." and am unable to save an Alert

Engager

Why am I getting error "'savedsearch': Argument "auto_summarize" is not supported by this handler." and am unable to save an alert?

Highlighted

Re: Why am I getting error "'savedsearch': Argument "auto_summarize" is not supported by this handler." and am unable to save an Alert

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check your savedsearches.conf file and see if you have other saved searches named the same as your alert you're trying but perhaps with different spacing. Also try just naming the alert differently.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Why am I getting error "'savedsearch': Argument "auto_summarize" is not supported by this handler." and am unable to save an Alert

Contributor

I'm getting same error although no duplicate name exists.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Champion

Try running the btool command line utility to see if there are any configuration errors.

$SPLUNK_ROOT/bin/splunk btool check

Highlighted

Contributor

@rjthibod

I dont get any output for that command.

sh-4.1$ ./splunk btool check
sh-4.1$

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How are you "saving the search"? Via UI or API?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

@jkat54 ,

I'm saving via UI.
Did you get to figure the root cause for this?

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, not yet. What version of Splunk and which options are you choosing when you save? I want to replicate the problem on my end.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

We are using 6.3.7 and I was trying to save it as a report.

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you share the search as well?

0 Karma