Alerting

Splunk Unix Add-On Alerts Troubleshooting

jackjack
Path Finder

Hello All,

I have set up the Splunk Add-On and Splunk App for Unix and Linux. Data is flowing properly however I am having an issue with alerts.

I am trying to set up alerts for various things to slack. I have the first alert on memory working. I set it to 1 min real-time and it seems to work just fine. This is the working query: 

`os_index` source=vmstat | where max(memUsedPct) > 90 | stats max(memUsedPct) by host

However, when I try to do the same for disk, it does not work. I have tried expanding to 5min and 30min real-time windows but the only way I get data to show up in this query is by removing the where clause. I also tried using something like latest() instead of max() but that didn't help. What am I doing wrong here?

`os_index` source=df | where max(UsePct) > 10 | stats max(UsePct) by host

Thank you,

jackjack

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...