All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Alerts getting triggered to ServiceNow using Splunk Add-on for Service Now gets truncated

spl_unker
Explorer

Hi Splunkers

Im using "Splunk Add-on for Service Now"  to send  triggered alerts to servicenow.

Im trying to pass the alert name , alert time to the short description field in service now. In Service now i see the results populated but it gets truncated exactly at 80 character . 

I checked with service-now team as well in my organisation and they dont have any such limit at their end.

Additionaly when i checked the add-on i see the index_lenght =80 check has been used in the addon code. will this could be the reason behind the results getting trucated. Any one else faced this issue?

Code Snippet :

#
# SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2021 Splunk, Inc. <sales@splunk.com>
# SPDX-License-Identifier: LicenseRef-Splunk-8-2021
#
#

APP_NAME = "Splunk_TA_snow"

DEFAULT_RECORD_LIMIT = 3000
DEFAULT_DISPLAY_VALUE = "false"

FIELD_SEPARATOR = "||"
INDEX_LENGTH = 80

FILTER_PARAMETER_MIGRATION_STANZA = "filter_parameter_migration"
SETTINGS_CONF_FILE = "splunk_ta_snow_settings"

CHECKPOINT_COLLECTION_NAME = "Splunk_TA_snow_inputs_checkpointer"
Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...