Alerting

Splunk Alert Scheduling

Kendo213
Communicator

index=winevents host=computernames* SourceName="Microsoft-Windows-User Profile Service" EventCode=1511 | lookup ldap_identities.csv Sid OUTPUT identity | rename identity as User | stats count by User,host,_time | fields - count

There is an output lookup that runs once a day at 2AM to update the ldap_identities.csv file.

When reviewing the event log for the Alert, I'm seeing large gaps in time where I'm assuming it isn't running the job, but I don't see any failures. The time range is the last 5 minutes, with a cron schedule of */5 * * * *.

Can someone help me decipher what is going on in that job log? Why does it appear that there is a gap between May 24th 4:50 PM and May 25th 8:55 AM?

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I would rather check the scheduler logs to see if the alert has run successfully or not.

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler status=success savedsearch_name="Citrix Temporary Profile Login"

Kendo213
Communicator

Thanks for the search. Yeah, it looks like it's running every 5 minutes. That job scheduler view is confusing.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Some jobs may get deleted (depending upon the house keeping jobs runs and dispatch directory size on the search head) so they don't show up in Jobs dashboard. If you're looking for something current, look at Jobs dashboard; for anything historical, look at scheduler logs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...