Alerting

Run a shell script in remote linux server based on the value of "Host" field returned for that alert query

Elavarasi02

Hi,

I've a shell script to restart services. I want to setup an alert condition to run this shell script in a remote node(remote host in which this script should run should be determined based on the value which is being returned in "Host" field value in the Splunk query). 

If I place the shell script in "$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/scripts" , this script runs only on the Splunk server. I want to know how can i make it to run on the remote node based on the host value being returned from Splunk query. Any help would be much appreciated!. Thank you

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Hi

Maybe a better way could be to run those services under systemd on linux servers and give it to handle restarts?

With script on splunk server you must also give access to all other servers from splunk server with Splunk User and then give needed sudo access to that user on all servers where you want start those services (could be huge security risk/issue that way)!

r. Ismo
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...