Alerting

Report sent after Alert is triggered - is it possible?

tengugurl

Hi there!
New user here, I am looking to simplify our troubleshooting work here at work by doing the following:

1) When an Alert is triggered (Regardless of the reason/search parameters)

2) A subsequent report will be sent after the Alert is triggered. (AKA the Search parameters one would be looking to use to better investigate the alert) 

Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

anilchaithu
Builder

@tengugurl 

Its quite possible to sent the search parameters (caused alert) to users by choosing "send email" alert action. You can always include job fields as tokens in the email.

This is better option.

anilchaithu_0-1594434394015.png

If you don't want to use this alert actions, you can create savedsearch to search REST end point to get the results of triggered alerts and send an email with the result set.

| rest /services/alerts/fired_alerts

Hope this helps

0 Karma

tengugurl

Hi @anilchaithu 
thanks for the thoughtful reply.
I love this idea, and have currently been adding the search parameters to the email action but was thinking of adding a separate search parameter as a follow up.

E.g Alert triggered (Your service is unfire!) separate report triggers that shows the HTTP status codes for the past hour. (Just to see how unfire it really is in comparison)

hmm I am curious on the second option you provided:

| rest /services/alerts/fired_alerts

Does this sound offbase?

Imagine I made a search that was:
index=ABC source=X |timechart count by status
then added 
| rest/services/alerts/named_alert

E.g 

index=ABC source=X |timechart count by status|rest/services/alerts/named_alert

I would get the email with the timechart of status when "named_alert" triggers?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...