Alerting

How to set default admin ownership for all new alerts to savedsearches.conf?

mufthmu
Path Finder

Hi,

I want to automatically set ownership to admin whenever new alerts are added in savedsearches.conf.

As of now, whenever my team has a new alert I have to add it to the savedsearches.conf AND also local.meta to make it owned by admin with the exact same title written in savedsearches.conf (if it does not match, it doesn't take effect) like the stanza below:

[savedsearches/new alert]
owner = admin

However, I don't want to keep editing 2 different files when 1 alert is created (too much work if we have a lot of new incoming alerts).

There should be a way to set default ownership of alerts (and also dashboards) to admin when they're first created.
I suspect default.meta has something to do with it.

Looking for any suggestion,
Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ragedsparrow
Contributor

By default the owner will be whomever creates the alert/saved search. You can change owner through the configs like you've mentioned, but you can also reassign knowledge objects in the UI (starting with Splunk 7) :

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/Knowledge/Resolveorphanedsearches#Use_the_Reassig...

I don't believe there is a way to automatically change the owner of a knowledge object without this type of intervention.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...