Alerting

How to resolve this error: HTTP 401 -- call not properly authenticated dbconnect?

glpadilla_sol
Path Finder

Hello hello,

We have the Splunk db connect app working in our environment, but suddenly stops working

And I can see this log:

2022-11-21 23:22:39.050 -0500 [dw-203047 - PUT /api/inputs/server_average_latency] ERROR c.s.d.m.repository.DefaultConfigurationRepository - action=failed_to_get_the_conf reason=HTTP 401 -- call not properly authenticated com.splunk.HttpException: HTTP 401 -- call not properly authenticated at com.splunk.HttpException.create(HttpException.java:84) at com.splunk.DBXService.sendImpl(DBXService.java:131) at com.splunk.DBXService.send(DBXService.java:43) at com.splunk.HttpService.get(HttpService.java:154) at com.splunk.Entity.refresh(Entity.java:381) at com.splunk.Entity.refresh(Entity.java:24) at com.splunk.Resource.validate(Resource.java:186) at com.splunk.Entity.validate(Entity.java:462) at com.splunk.Entity.getContent(Entity.java:157) at com.splunk.Entity.size(Entity.java:416) at java.util.HashMap.putMapEntries(HashMap.java:501) at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:490) at com.splunk.dbx.model.repository.JsonMapperEntityResolver.apply(JsonMapperEntityResolver.java:34) at com.splunk.dbx.model.repository.JsonMapperEntityResolver.apply(JsonMapperEntityResolver.java:18) at com.splunk.dbx.model.repository.DefaultConfigurationRepository.get(DefaultConfigurationRepository.java:92) at com.splunk.dbx.server.dbinput.task.DbInputTaskLoader.load(DbInputTaskLoader.java:63) at com.splunk.dbx.server.api.service.conf.impl.InputServiceImpl.update(InputServiceImpl.java:221) at com.splunk.dbx.server.api.service.conf.impl.InputServiceImpl.update(InputServiceImpl.java:38) at com.splunk.dbx.server.api.resource.InputResource.updateInput(InputResource.java:81) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor482.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43... CONTINUES

I am not going to add the whole log because is huge.

We have a cluster and our dbconnect is install at the search heads and all the inputs are configured at the Heavy Forwarder.

Is you have any idea what I can check to see what is the issue, please let me know.

The environment is over linux.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

glpadilla_sol
Path Finder

This was something odd.

After a lot of troubleshooting I decided to restart the Splunk service of the Heavy Forwarder, where the dbconnect was configured.

And after that I started receiving the logs and the issue not there anymore.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...