Alerting

How to fix issue where Splunk is sending incorrect IP addresses on SNMP alerts triggered properly by Spectrum?

rashi83
Path Finder

Hi, 

I m trying to use the plugin to send SNMP alerts to external devices from Splunk - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3596/#/details

I can see alerts are getting triggered properly but on Spectrum end, they are receiving the Splunk SNMP traps with agent-addr as 0.0.0.0 instead of the correct IP address. Because of this Spectrum is unable to trap them. 

I have attached the screenshot from Spectrum. Is there any way to correct this address to the true IP address of the Splunk server?

Splunk SNMP.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rashi83
Path Finder

Hi there, any help on this ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...