Alerting

How to edit my search to alert when the count is greater than 10000 and send me a list of the top 10 SRC_IP?

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

Can someone please help me finish an alert I am trying to do below? I would like to set the alert to notify me once the count reaches 10k and then send me a list of the top 10 SRC_IPs. However, when I put in the search count > 10000, it removed the src_ip entries.

Here is my search string so far.

sourcetype="cisco:asa" action=blocked | stats count by src_ip, dest_ip, dest_port  | sort - by count | rename src_ip as Src, dest_ip as Dest, dest_port as Port | addcoltotals
0 Karma

dturnbull_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use the custom condition in your alert :

where count > 1000
0 Karma

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

thank you, that worked on the alert. All I need now is to report the top x while keeping an "Other" count at the bottom.

0 Karma

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

I would also need the top 10 plus a line totaling the OTHER count as well.

0 Karma

0YAoNnmRmKDg
Path Finder

Hi,

you could just set the number of results in the alert triggers wizard to 10000 events?

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.3/Alert/Defineper-resultalerts

then just use something like

index = _internal | stats count by source | top limit=5 source

so you would have

my_awesome_search | top limit=10 Src

Cheers

0 Karma

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

Thank you.

But that the problem. When I put the 10k in the alert trigger, it's just like putting it in the search string where it then removed all other records. I would also need the top 5 plus a line totalling the OTHER count as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...