Alerting

How to create splunk rule query to determine when volatility changes from low to high and to be able to be alerted.

ngwodo
Path Finder

I need help on how to create splunk rule query to determine when volatility rate changes from low to high and to be able to be alerted. I have a splunk query below on the parameters/threshold that are used to determine metric "Volatility"  Here it is:

index=security sourcetype="Computers" "Computer Status"=Enabled earliest=-12mon@mon
| timechart span=1day count
| timechart span=1month earliest(count) AS count
| stats avg(count) max(count) min(count)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ngwodo
Path Finder

Thanks. That was part of the answer. The splunk query I was looking for is:

index=security sourcetype="Computers" "Computer Status"=Enabled earliest=-12mon@mon
| stats avg(count) max(count) min(count)

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about something like this

| eventstats avg(count)as avg  max(count) as max  min(count) as min
| where count = max

..  change stats -> eventstats and then do some kind of comparison

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...