Alerting

Can someone help with with a cron expression that runs every 15min from 8:15am to 6pm Monday to Friday?

jackin
Path Finder

Can anyone help on cron expression

Query runs every 15min from 8:15am to 6pm Monday to Friday

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I already told you in https://community.splunk.com/t5/Security/Cron-Expression-for-scheduled-Alert/m-p/575364 - there's no single cron schedule that will cover all the "uneven boundaries".

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jackin,

please try this:

*/15 8-18 * * 1-5

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

abazgwa21cz
Explorer

How can I configure a CRON expression such that an alert was sent each 2hours in a day, and every day in weeks. ??
Many thanks !!!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI @abazgwa21cz,

sorry but it isn't so clear:

do you want a cron expression to run alert every 2 hours in a day, an this is clear, but what do you mean with " and every day in a week"?

do you mean every 2 hours in working days (Mon-Fri) and one time in the Week end or what else?

In general, it isn't a good idea attach a new question to another one, because less people will answer you, opening a new question it's better.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

jackin
Path Finder

@gcusello  

Thanks man but

*/15 8-18 * * 1-5

we are running the query evey 15min and it should took last 15min data .It means query started running at 8am it took the data from 7:45am but we need from 8am data. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jackin,

in the cron expression you can only define these parameters, you could exclude data before 8.00 in the main search (e.g. time_hours>7).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Another option is add additional cron entries for those first/last hours where you are needing other start times than in other hours.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...