Alerting

An Alert for apppool going down in multiple hosts

mcmanoj2001

I am a newbie to splunk ...If I have a message from F5 as below...how do I get the details of appool, time since down, message, member/host, as a table only when the app pool is down for more than 15 mins and appol is down in more than 2 hosts.

sample Message:
/Common/example-HTTPS: down; last error: /Common/example-HTTPS: Response Code: 200 (OK); No successful responses received before deadline.; Unable to connect @2018/04/08 04:15:03. ] [ was up for 412hrs:46mins:25sec]

current alert for any app pool down for 15 mins:
index=net host = Prod monitor | rex "Pool \/Common\/(?[\w-_]+) member \/Common\/(?\w+):(?\d+) monitor status(\snode)? (?\w+).\s[\s(?.+)\s]}" | search host=prod | eval TimeDiff = now() - _time | table _time,POOL,STATUS,WAS,MEMBER, host,TimeDiff | dedup POOL MEMBER sortby -_time | where WAS like "%was up for%" | search TimeDiff>900

What I need:
alert only if the same app pool is down in more than 1 hosts. (all our app pools are load balanced and are in 2 or more hosts)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...