Alerting

Alerts: Getting Multiple Values into Alert

vinodmadaan
Path Finder

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this has been asked before (as I couldn't find anything on this issue).

I am working on a issue in which I have to create an alert for the thread count from 6 different servers, they come in as different log entries into splunk. So what I am looking for is a way to get these 6 values into the alert and trigger if any of these 6 crosses the threshold (one of the possible solution is creating 6 alerts and keeping track of each server separately, but I am looking for a way to get this done through one Alert only).

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

rechteklebe
Path Finder

Index=$yourindex host=host1 OR host=host2 OR host=host3 OR host=host4 OR host=host5 OR host=host6 $everythingelsetofindthethreaddata | stats max(Threads) as "maxthreads" by host | search "maxthreads"> $threshold

View solution in original post

rechteklebe
Path Finder

Index=$yourindex host=host1 OR host=host2 OR host=host3 OR host=host4 OR host=host5 OR host=host6 $everythingelsetofindthethreaddata | stats max(Threads) as "maxthreads" by host | search "maxthreads"> $threshold

vinodmadaan
Path Finder

it worked as needed, thanks 🙂

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Do the Threadcount from these 6 servers (assuming they are forwarders) go to central indexer(s)?

0 Karma

vinodmadaan
Path Finder

yes they go to a central indexer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...