Alerting

Alert tokens and dynamic fields

poiromaniax
Explorer

Hi all, I am using slack_alerts addon to send Slack messages.

It allows for use of tokens in the message body as referenced here https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.3/Alert/EmailNotificationTokens

(E.G AWS CloudTrail events) I am trying to figure out a way that I can either:

a) Have various fields renamed to a single field (such as a security group ID, or a bucket name be rewritten to field called "resource") so that I can reference this field in my token ($result.resource)

b) have a dynamic token that looks at various fields

Currently I just have a line in my alert that looks like:

*Resource:* `$result.requestParameters.policyName$ $result.requestParameters.policyArn$ $result.requestParameters.groupId$ $result.responseElements.groupId$ $result.requestParameters.groupDescription$ $result.requestParameters.bucketName$`

but this is messy and the results show up with spaces before and after the value

I was wondering if strcat is the right search expression to use for this, the search runs in realtime so it shouldnt make a jumble fo 2 or 3 resources in a single line?

Hoping someone will have some useful insight

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...