Alerting

Alert report - columns not ordered by table command

brdr
Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to guarantee the columns order in which they are defined by the last command (table) in the search that generates the report/alert? NOTE: I'm formatting the results using inline table.

As always, thank you.

Azeemering
Builder

The table command returns a table that is formed by only the fields that you specify in the arguments. Columns are displayed in the same order that fields are specified. Column headers are the field names. Rows are the field values. Each row represents an event.

Example SPL:

Index=farmanimals | table cows, chickens, pigs it will display the table also in that order.
Is it not the case with your query?

0 Karma

AllenZhang
Explorer

In my case,

index=example | table SID Auto Manual Total

Everything looks fine on web. However in email as inline, it shows:

Auto Total SID Manual

0 Karma

AllenZhang
Explorer

I just noticed the same issue.

it's fine as search result.

But not in the same order in the email as inline table  received by scheduled report.

0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

No it is not. In my search that makes up the alert I have this as the last line:

| table 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The inline table results I receive via email has them in this order:

7 1 2 3 5 4 6

0 Karma

n0vsec
Explorer

Were you able to resolve this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...