Alerting

Additional alerts for Oracle for file system Approching Maximum Capacity?

majilan1
Path Finder

Hi Everyone,

I run into an issue today in SIT where TIV0 was inaccessible because a similar directory was full.

I'm trying to set one alert for DEV and one for SIT and the folder path for each environment is :

DEV:/mms/ora1200/u00/oracle.

SIT:/mms/ora1201/u00/oracle.

this is what i have so far :

index=A   "/mms/ora1200/u00/oracle"  source= B

| stats latest(storage_used*) as storage_used*  latest(storage_free*) as storage_free* by host mount

| where storage_used_percent>90

| eval storage_used=if(storage_used>1000,(storage_used/1000). " GB" ,storage_used+"  MB"),  storage_free=if(storage_free>1000, (storage_free/1000, (storage_free/1000).  " GB", storage_free+" MB")

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @majilan1,

what is the result of your search?

does it run or not?

if not, what's the output?

Anyway I see thet you used a field "storage_used_percent" in the where command that isn't present in the stats command: after a stats command you have only the fields present in the command itself, in other words you don't have the field "storage_used_percent".

you have to calculate it from the fields you have using eval or, if present, to add it to the stats command.

index=A   "/mms/ora1200/u00/oracle"  source= B
| stats 
   latest(storage_used*) as storage_used*
   latest(storage_free*) as storage_free*
   latest(storage_used_percent) AS storage_used_percent
   BY host mount
| where storage_used_percent>90
| eval 
   storage_used=if(storage_used>1000,(storage_used/1000)." GB",storage_used+"  MB"),
   storage_free=if(storage_free>1000,(storage_free/1000,(storage_free/1000).  " GB", storage_free+" MB")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

majilan1
Path Finder

My query does run, but it generates 0 events, I tried yours and is the samething.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...