Dashboards & Visualizations

Classic Dashboard Single Value visual change background color to transparent

MrJohn230
Path Finder

Hello, can someone provide feedback on how I can change the color of my panel to transparent? Below is my code snippet. I'm not great with CSS or XML. I was using dashboard studio which was straight forward on how to change but I'm back with classic for now. 

<panel>
      <single>
        <title>Total First Time</title>
        <search base="base_search">
          <query>|search Cur= $t_cur$ | bin _time span=$t_bin$ | stats sum(FirstTime) as sumFirstTime by Category</query>
        </search>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="rangeColors">["0x53a051","0x0877a6","0xf8be34","0xf1813f","0xdc4e41"]</option>
        <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
      </single>
    </panel>

Labels (3)
0 Karma

tej57
Communicator

Hey @MrJohn230,

In the classic dashboard framework, changing the background color of the chart is something that is not possible.  In the dashboard studio, you can update the options parameter to change the background color.

Reference for Dashboard studio - single value visualization - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/DashStudio/chartsSV#Single_value_2

For having a background color in classic dashboard, you would need to use charts and not the single value visualization - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/9.1.2308/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference

---
If the above answer helps you, an upvote is appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...