Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk role assignment issue

Keerti123

In a Splunk cluster environment we have AD groups created in Azure in  each of the application, now we have created a new custom role with 2 extra capabilities with user default role. And we are assigning this role to an AD group but we can see here like example if a AD group contains 20users the role is reflecting only 5 users today and tomorrow 10 users but it is not reflecting to all the users.. 

Please help me to assign a role to all the users

#Splunk #ADgroupassignment

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Are there any users in the AD group who retain only the user default role and not the custom role when they log in? If the number of users in the custom role is growing from today to tomorrow, then perhaps it will grow to the desired number as more users log in to Splunk.

0 Karma

Keerti123

As I said example if there are 20 users only 10 are assigned to custom role remaining all are assigned to user role.. But ideally all should get custom role as I'm assigning to AD group it self. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...