Training + Certification Discussions

Can I take Splunk Data Administration Exam without taking Power User?

Emyamy
Explorer

Hi Team,

I have two queries: Kindly help me with your answers.

1. Can i write Splunk Data Administration Exam without taking Power User?

2.Why splunk certification is expensive? is there any way to get concession on cost?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Emyamy,

I don't think that Splunk permits to access one certification without taking the previous ones!

Anyway, the only way to have a discount is that your company is a Certificate Splunk Partner, in this way you'll have the 50% of discount.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi! 

The requirements are firm: Core Power User must be completed to access either the Enterprise or Cloud Admin exams.

To clear up the issue of price: the certifications themselves cost $130 per exam registration (or 5 for $500). Neither of these exams require coursework, so you could earn an Admin-level certification for a total investment of $260. Splunk Partners do not receive a discount on exam registration.

Though we almost never offer a discount on certification exams, virtual .conf22 registrants are eligible for a single discounted exam registration with code SEEYOUINVEGAS.

(There are free virtual passes to .conf22, so that's a very simple way to get MORE Splunk for your money and a discounted exam—win win!)

0 Karma

rakish
Loves-to-Learn

Hi,

Do we have new Splunk Voucher codes available ?The voucher code which is provided mentioned is expired and is not valid anymore.

Thanks,

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you register for .conf22 or only tried to use the voucher? I registered for exam some week ago and it was still valid.

0 Karma

rakish
Loves-to-Learn

Yes, I had registered to .conf 22 and used the voucher code yesterday for the ceritficatione exam. It mentions the code is expired or invalid.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Maybe it was supposed to be valid until the .conf22 itself. Since the .conf22 is over, maybe the code is expired indeed.

0 Karma

Emyamy
Explorer

@amesserthank you much for your response. I've registered for the free virtual pass to vegas .conf22 . So ,my next step is to register for Splunk power user examination with the code provided to get discount. Is my understanding correct? 

Thank you.

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes! You can enter the code at checkout for the discount. Use the standard Exam Registration Tutorial for step-by-step assistance.

0 Karma

Emyamy
Explorer

@amesser Hello, The discount is expired and can no longer be used. 😞

If I remember correctly, last year October, there was a massive discount announced by Splunk for certifications. Would there be any chance, Splunk would announce any discounts for certifications this year?

Many thanks

Emy

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes—the discount code was only valid during .conf22 (live and virtual). Additional promos are unlikely this year.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training.html?sort=Newest

Here you can find precise prerequisites for each certification step.

As far as I remember you can do User and Power User without any obligatory trainings and earlier certifications (which means that User certification is optional in the path to Powet User) and for Admin certification you need to be Power User certified but the trainings are optional (I'd recommend taking them anyway - they're really useful).

And there is no separate Data Admin certification. The Data Administration and System Administration are two trainings in the path do Admin certification.

Emyamy
Explorer

Thank you for your response @PickleRick 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Emyamy,

I don't think that Splunk permits to access one certification without taking the previous ones!

Anyway, the only way to have a discount is that your company is a Certificate Splunk Partner, in this way you'll have the 50% of discount.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Emyamy
Explorer

Thank you @gcusello 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...