Splunk Search

vendor_action Field

splunkymcsnypr
Engager

Hi!
I'm trying to find more information about the vendor_action field, however I've not managed to do so with much success. If anyone has any insight in terms of cyber value and mapping to use cases that would be really helpful. Does there exist a taxonomy for this field?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunkymcsnypr,

Common Information Model has an action field that expects "allowed", "blocked" or "teardown" values. Device that sends these events with action field may have other convention like "accept", "deny", "close", etc. 

vendor_action field keeps original event action values that one may need to know original action value.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...