Splunk Search

success vs failed graph

muzeebm
Explorer

Hi, 

Below is the information from one of my logs. 

"Information","ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8016-exec-642","11/24/20","13:30:14","CLIENT_URL","samlServices.processRequest: stuUserReturn: {""update_user_details"":1,""processByCf"":true,""USER_LOGIN"":""XXXXX@YYYY.org"",""userID"":""XXXXXXX"",""user_id"":XXXXX,""connection_name"":""XXXX"",""login"":""XXXXX@YYYY.org"",""userAttributes"":{""group_name"":""HR"",""telephone"":"""",""country"":1,""preferredLanguage"":"""",""login"":"""",""organisation"":""XXXXX English"",""last_name"":""XXXXXX"",""email"":""XXXX@YYYY.org"",""first_name"":""XXXX"",""company"":""XXXXX English""},""saml_id"":1,""loginStatus"":""success""}"

The last bit loginStatus"":""success" will be  loginStatus"":""failed" in case of failure. 

I want to create create a chart/dashboard where I can get number of success requests compared to failures over a period of time. eg 30 days

Can someone please help me sort this out. Thanks. 

M

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

muzeebm
Explorer

Thanks, looks like it worked. 👍 @ITWhisperer 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

muzeebm
Explorer

Thanks, looks like it worked. 👍 @ITWhisperer 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like

| rex "loginStatus\"\":\"\"(?<loginstatus>[^\"]+)"
| timechart count by loginstatus
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...