Splunk Search

how to execute a search everyday and every 8 hours

amani28

I have three teams in industrial company, the first starts work at 6am, the second at 2pm, and the third at 10pm, the working time of each team is 8 hours, I wanted to count the amount carried out each team with a dynamic way, at each start of the team the counting starts again in a single dashboard.
Please can you help me how to do this query
i'm a beginner in splunk

Tags (1)
0 Karma

larry02

You may try crontab syntax generator like https://www.crontab-generator.org/

0 Karma

larry02

You may try crontab syntax generator like https://www.crontab-generator.org/.

0 Karma

SathyaNarayanan
Path Finder

After creating the Alert, Select Run on Cron Schedule with * 6,14,22 * *

0 Karma

amani28

thank you for your answer SathyaNarayanan ,
I want to execute it in dashboard not as alert
i don't know how to do this

0 Karma

SathyaNarayanan
Path Finder

I will suggest you to create 3 panel in dashboard stating , First shift Amount , second shift Amount and third shift Amount . Each panel time range you can keep as per the shift timings.

Please give your current query to give more inputs.

0 Karma

amani28

this is my query is:
sourcetype=allf |spath|rename AUTOEXPORTFILE.ProgramName as produit |stats count as x by produit|where produit="\TELIA-SUEDE-E\TELIA-SUEDE-E.KYJOB" | eventstats sum(x) as result

I want to run this query in real time in single panel but at each start of team the counting starts again (teams are independent)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...