Splunk Search

create stacked chart showing # alerts over time

mvasquez21
Explorer

My boss has asked me to create a chart that shows the number of fired alerts (y-axis) by day of the month (x-axis). I suggested we do this as a stacked chart with each alert represented by a different color. I know the alert variable is "ss_name" and i found this expression to create the "date":

convert timeformat="%m-%d" ctime(_time) AS date

I just cant get the correct syntax to get all 3 elements in to the chart. So far i have this:

index=_audit action="alert_fired" | convert timeformat="%m-%d" ctime(_time) AS date | timechart date by ss_name

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

is this enough?

index=_audit action=alert_fired
| timechart span=1d count by ss_name

r. Ismo

mvasquez21
Explorer

This is very good. My problem with Splunk is  always start to overthink things. Timechart is such a powerful command. The only thing i would like to change is the _time format to just show the date as %m/%d

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mvasquez21,

it'ìs possible but not easy!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...