Splunk Search

chart over date for metrics

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,

i have metrics that i want to track them as stacked over period of time (day)

| chart over Date by measure

This is not giving any results. Do you know why?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

never mind i have used column chart. Thanks for your help

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

Thanks i got this. But the stacked bar chart is horizontal meaning bars are going in horizontal. Can i make them vertical?

0 Karma

tmarlette
Motivator

Have you tried the 'timechart' function of splunk? Check it out on the documentation, and it may help.

timechart

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You need to specify the aggregator or function with field name on which that function to be applied. E.g. chart avg(count) over Date by measure. What fields are available before chart command?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...