Splunk Search

Why is one search head able to send out email alerts but not the other?

Golgie
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello Splunk Community, 

I have two search heads. 

1 search head is able to send out email alerts and the other one can't.

I am using Amazon SES as the Mail Host. Each Search Head has a unique Access Key and setup the secret key. 

I can't figure out why 1 of the search heads can not send an email out and the other can.  

I used the sendemail command on the server with the issue and this is the error message I am getting:

command="sendemail", (535, b'Authentication Credentials Invalid') while sending mail to:<myEmailAdress>

Thoughts? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I used the sendemail command on the server with the issue and this is the error message I am getting:

command="sendemail", (535, b'Authentication Credentials Invalid') while sending mail to:<myEmailAdress>

You answered your own question: on that problematic server, credential is not set up correctly. (Did you get similar errors in splunk.log?)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...