Splunk Search

Why is entry time not displaying?

Italy1358
Path Finder

When a user is added i need the time to be recorded and displayed in a field called used_added. I created the field name and can see if in the csv table but there is no time per entry.

<query>
| inputlookup USB.csv
| eval user_added = strftime(_time, "%Y-%d-%m %H:%M:%S")
| append [ | makeresults
| eval user="$user_tok$", description="$description_tok$", revisit="$revisit_tok$", Action="$dropdown_tok$" ]
| fields - _time
| table user_added, user_added, user, category, department, description, revisit, status
| lookup lookup_ims user as user OUTPUT category department
| outputlookup USB.csv
</query>
Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The user_added field is in a separate event from the other fields because of the append command.  What's more, I believe the _time field will be null since there is no event with such a field when user_added is defined.  Consider using now(), instead.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The user_added field is in a separate event from the other fields because of the append command.  What's more, I believe the _time field will be null since there is no event with such a field when user_added is defined.  Consider using now(), instead.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...