Splunk Search

Why do i get a warning triangle before actions on top right

pc591f
Engager

I'm regularly seeing a warning triangle appear, who to I search to fine our what is causing this 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for the clarification.  There are many places where a yellow triangle can appear so it was hard to know which you were seeing.

I recommend ignoring the IOWait alert since it tends to be over-sensitive.  Tune the health check (Settings->Health Report Manager) so the alert appears less often.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Clicking on the triangle should display explanatory text.  Share that text here if you need help understanding it.

---
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

Without giveout more information so we can help you (it's better to provide more context as to your issue, screen shots etc) that said it sounds like its related to risky commands.

Maybe its to do with this.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.1/Security/SPLsafeguards

0 Karma

pc591f
Engager

pc591f_0-1714050018792.png

It showing as green circle at the moment,  but it keeps flashing a warning  see screen shot below

pc591f_1-1714051227643.png

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for the clarification.  There are many places where a yellow triangle can appear so it was hard to know which you were seeing.

I recommend ignoring the IOWait alert since it tends to be over-sensitive.  Tune the health check (Settings->Health Report Manager) so the alert appears less often.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...