Splunk Search

Use of color field in treemap visualization

raoul
Path Finder

Is there a working example of the use of color_field in the new Treemap visualization?

I have tried the form that the documentation suggests, but to no avail. My search:

<base search> | stats count, sum(Amt) by merchant_category, merchant_city

According to the documentation the second stats function, the sum(Amt), should be used to determine the rectangle color but this does not happen.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

raoul
Path Finder

Managed to get this to work (sort of).

The trick is that one needs to go into the settings for the settings dialog and toggle on the "sequential" mode.

alt text

The problem is that the there seems to be a bug in the treemap vizualization in that it doesn't correctly pick the colors.

View solution in original post

raoul
Path Finder

Managed to get this to work (sort of).

The trick is that one needs to go into the settings for the settings dialog and toggle on the "sequential" mode.

alt text

The problem is that the there seems to be a bug in the treemap vizualization in that it doesn't correctly pick the colors.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...