Splunk Search

Splunk and Azure SQL audit via Event Hub

zippo706
Explorer

I'm not sure how to even troubleshoot this.

A few weeks ago, we started a dropoff in events into splunk.   We are sending Azure SQL Server audit logs via event hub picked up by Azure Add-on for Splunk.   our traffic has NOT changed.   Our HF has not changed.

I can't see my activity anymore (a month ago i saw everything I did).   Now, i have no visibility to my traffic.   I am seeing traffic from web servers and some other users, but not sure i trust it now.   There has been a drop off in events.

What can I do to troubleshoot what is going on here?  I can turn on verbose logging, but since i can't throttle or specify what is getting logged (server log, not db log), it would be 000s of messages in a very heavily used database.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

masonwillinger
Explorer

Azure Event Hub connectivity was recently deprecated in the Azure Add-on for Splunk. That functionality has been moved to the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3110/). Not saying there isn't another issue causing the drop-off, but it might be worth investigating moving that Event Hub connection to the other add-on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...