Splunk Search

Search for Example Events by Field

moogmusic
Path Finder

Hi, I'm trying to search for an example event of different types by field so that I can see the detail of different types of event. So if I do `| stats count by fieldname` and it returns 10 different values for that field, I can see 10 different events in the event view and look at the details of each value of the field. Make sense? Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma

moogmusic
Path Finder

Thanks - I'm not sure that's quite what I need. If I do `| stats latest(_raw) by fieldname` then I kind of get what I want but it would be good to see the detail in the Events tab rather than the Statistics one so I can use the JSON formatting capabilities for viewing the events.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure if this will help for what you're after, but have you tried fieldsummary

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Fieldsummary

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...