Splunk Search

Search Help

mkhatri
Loves-to-Learn

Hello , I am trying to get the sales report for 3 months but the search results only gives the result for last 15 days. Results before 15 days are all zeros. the job notification shows :

[pdx-nav-non-prod-splunk-idx-240-132] Your search has been restricted to a time span of 1296000 seconds. i.e. 15 days.

So my question is how can i get the full report for 3 months or how can i increase the time span of a search .

Labels (2)
0 Karma

mkhatri
Loves-to-Learn

Yes .Maybe that's why i didn't have index on my  splunk settings. Thank you @michel_wolf .

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mkhatri,

what's the retention of the index containing those data?

maybe you have on that index a retention of 15 days.

In addition, could you share the search you're using?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mkhatri
Loves-to-Learn

Hii ,  i am not able to see the index on my splunk settings. The search i am using is :

index=nav_app_message_gateway event=sentMessageTo* status=200 | timechart count by templateId
0 Karma

michel_wolf
Path Finder

Hi,

I think you need to ask your splunk admin, maybe you have some role restrictions here like:

michel_wolf_0-1626103106716.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...