Splunk Search

Need help using tag in a query

toporagno
Explorer

HI

If I replace, for example, src=10.0.0.1 with my tag containing src=10.0.0.1 in the query, it doesn't work. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @toporagno ,

let me understand:

• you have an eventtyle like "index=my_index src=10.0.0.1" that tags these events with a tag like "MY_TAG",
  • you have a search that uses the above src and it runs,
  • you want to replace the condition "src=10.0.0.1" with the condition tag=MY_TAG,
  • and it doesn't run,
  • is it correct?

If this is your use case, as also @ITWhisperer asked, the first thing is sharing the search and the eventtype associated to the tag.

Then, tag is the only field case sensitive, are you sure that the tag value is correct?

Second check: did you tried to replace the condition "src=10.0.0.1" with the eventtype associated to the tag? maybe the two conditions aren't compatible.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please provide more details, for example, what do you mean by tag? how do you set it up? how do you use it in your search? in what way doesn't it work? do you have any errors reported? etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...