Splunk Search

Lookup table does not exist

RicoSuave
Builder

I'm having an issue where one of my slavese is complaining about a lookup table that i have setup on my master. I get the error

[myslave] The Lookup table 'mylookuptable' does not exist. It is reference by configuration 'source::mysource'.

it seems like the slave is trying to locate the table locally, but i have never run into this issue before and i have many other lookups configured just on the master alone. I double checked all of my props.conf files in all the apps to make sure a configuration didn't accidentally exist. Any ideas?

Tags (1)

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We replicate the search head's search time configs (including lookup tables) to the search peers via a process called bundle replication. This happens at most every minute, so if this is a lookup table that you have just configured the error message should go away within a couple of minutes as the search heads configs are synced with those of the search peers. If this is happening for an existing lookup table then I would suggest you look in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/searchpeers//apps//lookups to see whether the file in question is there.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...