Splunk Search

Issue with displaying CPU, Mem & Disk data on the dashboard of Template for Citrix XenDesktop 7

aknsun
Path Finder

Hi,

I have deployed the Template for Citrix XenDesktop 7 with the TA-XD7-Broker add-on deployed on the brokers. However when I use the dashboards that display CPU, Mem & Disk, it doesn't show up anything. Other dashboards seem to work fine and able to display information. Upon looking at the underlying queries and removing the SiteName and running searches, it seems to work.

I have already set the "uncheck Case sensitive match" for the siteHosts lookup definition.

If I search the Index, I can see that I get a total of 20 sourcetypes, which includes the Perfmonmk: sourcetypes.

However if I run the query xd_index SiteName="" (Ex: xd_index SiteName="ABCD"), it just returns the following 4 sourcetypes

xendesktop:7:session
xendesktop:7:machine
xendesktop:7:application
xendesktop:7:controller

And this seems to be the reason why the dashboards fail as the Perfmonmk: sourcetypes are not available when using SiteName.

Has anyone seen this issue before. Any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks,
AKN

0 Karma

aknsun
Path Finder

@jconger Hi Jason,

Wondering if you can provide input on the above issue?

Thanks.
AKN

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...