Splunk Search

Icelandic unicode character - "Interesting fields" showing no result

sjova
Engager

Hi,

I'm writing json NLog files from Visual Studio into Splunk (with NLog WebService target).

In my Splunk search results, if I filter my search with "Add to search" it works (because of "spath" so it seems, that gets added automatically):
Splunk search: ...| spath Message | search Message="Villa við að...." | sort -Date
(the raw json data: "Message": "Villa vi\u00f0 a\u00f0 )

\u00f0 is an Icelandic unicode character:
https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/00f0/index.htm

However, if I click the "Message" property value on the left in "Interesting fields", I get "No results found". The splunk search doesn't add the "spath" to the search:
Splunk search: ...Message="Villa við að stofna liabilityevaluationclaimholders." | sort -Date

One solution would be to automacially add "spath" whenever somebody clicks a property value in "Interesting fields". Is that possible (just like is done when you add the property value as a filter in the search results)?

Or is there a more obvious solution (not requiring "spath" in the search)?

Thanks a lot,
Gunnar

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...