Splunk Search

How to remove a blank visualization table from my report and only keep the statistics table?

mehtas
Explorer

I have this following search which gives me data, but i get a visualization table which is blank. I do not want this table in the report. Is there any way of removing this table?

eventtype=cppm-system-events  cphost=* | where category="Hotfixes Updates" |table _time, host, description, action_key
0 Karma
1 Solution

mehtas
Explorer

Hi Thanks for your answer but i got it removed as when after modification , i tried o save the report there came an option for Visualization as first-> which was set by me e.g line and second -> None.

I selected None and the visual table was gone and i was left with the statistical data which i wanted.

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

try like this:
eventtype=cppm-system-events cphost=* | where category="Hotfixes Updates" |fields - _time, host, description, action_key | table *

or
eventtype=cppm-system-events cphost=* | where category="Hotfixes Updates" |fields + _time, host, description, action_key

to Keep the_time, host, description and action_key fields, and display them in the order

0 Karma

mehtas
Explorer

Hi Thanks for your answer but i got it removed as when after modification , i tried o save the report there came an option for Visualization as first-> which was set by me e.g line and second -> None.

I selected None and the visual table was gone and i was left with the statistical data which i wanted.

Patient
Path Finder

why can you have the visual table of x and y axis? because you use the command |table the visualisation will be: Field name follow by the values

0 Karma

mehtas
Explorer

I mean i dont want the visual data , statistics table i want .

0 Karma

Patient
Path Finder

Hi,
please explain well what you need.

0 Karma

mehtas
Explorer

i just need to eliminate the visual table of x and y axis but i need the statistical data which i am getting by
his query.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...