Splunk Search

How to display host types in Y axis and X axis chart?

jayachandrank
Explorer

I have different host types (like SC, RC and etc) and its different version(18.1, 19, 19.1 and etc). I am trying to display host types in Y axis and respective Version in X axis. Tried using stats command but couldn't get what i want. Your thoughts pls?

0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @jayachandrank,
Can you use chart instead of stats? Something like...

| chart count by host_types, version

Replace host_types with the field you want to display on Y-axis and version with the field you want to display on X-axis. Replace count by whatsoever operation you want.

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@jayachandrank would it be possible to add a mock screenshot to your question? Also post what is your current query and output.

mrunals
Path Finder

I think you do want chart but you have to do the OVER and BY splitting

| chart count over version by types

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @jayachandrank,
Can you use chart instead of stats? Something like...

| chart count by host_types, version

Replace host_types with the field you want to display on Y-axis and version with the field you want to display on X-axis. Replace count by whatsoever operation you want.

Hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...