Splunk Search

How to count good work quotas vs. bad work quotas?

pvirnig

I am a Newb at Splunk, so please bear with me if this is straight forward or has been answered previously. I have successfully used your Splunk>Answers on a number of occasions, but I am struggling with how to phrase this search.

SITUATION: I work in an assembly facility. I am currently calculating the number of good parts per completed device using:

| stats count(eval(PartStatus=1))  AS "GOOD PARTS"

A correctly assembled device will contain a set number of GOOD PARTS (let's use "N"). I would like to count the number of devices based on "N". By doing this I will have the following:

"GOOD DEVICES" - the number of devices that have "N" number of GOOD PARTS
 "BAD DEVICES" - the number of devices that do NOT have "N" number of GOOD PARTS

QUESTION: How do I count the number of GOOD DEVICES and the number of BAD DEVICES, each of which are based on a value derived from a previous count?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

...   | stats count AS TotalParts count(eval(PartStatus=1)) AS GoodParts BY host
| eval state=if((GoodParts>YourNumberHere), "Good", "Bad")
0 Karma

pvirnig

This is slightly different than the above response and also works. Thank you.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Assuming your stats includes a by clause for device, try something like this.

..your base search..| stats count(eval(PartStatus=1))  AS "GOOD PARTS" by device 
| eval device_type=if('GOOD PARTS'=N,"GOOD DEVICE","GAD DEVICE")
| stats count by device_type
0 Karma

pvirnig

I was able to finally get back to this. Your response is spot on. Thanks for your help on this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...