Splunk Search

How to change the frequency of search jobs scheduled to run from configuration files to prevent 100% CPU usage?

Javo222
Path Finder

I've messed my Splunk system up a bit and some jobs or searches (I don't remember) are continuously running (every minute I think). This causes my CPU to rise to 100% a few seconds after splunkd starts. Unfortunately, I don't have time to stop them or edit them from Splunk Web.

Are the jobs stored in any config file? I would like to edit them so I can change the frequency to 24h or so.

Right now I'm stuck and can't do anything.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sjohnson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Look for a file: savedsearches.conf inside of an app/local directory: (like etc/apps/search/local)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sjohnson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Look for a file: savedsearches.conf inside of an app/local directory: (like etc/apps/search/local)

0 Karma

Javo222
Path Finder

Thanks! Found it under C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\users\admin\search\local

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can access all your saved searches in the Splunk web interface (The GUI).. Go to the top left where it says Activity then select Jobs and this will show all the searches that are running

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...